Pages

Friday 28 October 2011

New in: 60's cufflinks



When it comes down to vintage goodies- there surely is no shortage in London. All it comes down to is basically the experience you get whilst you shop. Some of us like to dig for treasures in hidden places, some of us like our treasures cleaned, packed and wrapped. I like both! But this time, for the later experience I headed to Hamstead Antique & Craft Emporium. It's quite an 'eye-candy'. I bought my cufflinks from a gentleman in Antium Antiques stall, who's catch-phrase seems to be- ' it's nice to buy something knowing that it wasn't made in China at 3 o'clock yesterday'. First off- yes it is nice to know that. But on a second thought- haven't I heard this before? From that same gentleman? At 3 o'clock a year ago? Exactly the same line. How bizarre!
I bought the cufflinks anyway. What do you think?




This is the box they came in with



And this, is the box I keep them in- isn't it great? Simple, yet so old-school and useful! I bought it from a Junk Shop, which is literally what it says it is- heaven.


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cufflinks! I love vintage clothing and accessories, but unfortunately in my country they are so overpriced. You're so lucky to live in London! :))

    http://stripesandscarlets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god what do I think? They are just so beautiful!!!! Great blog by the way and yes I will follow you (you sent me a message at IFB).
    Check out my blog if you like and follow me :D

    http://atfashionsmercy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome!
    xo
    Lo
    www.herlolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cufflinksssss! And thanks for the comment :) the booties are by Dune and they're available at Selfridges! Love your blog, I'm following you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh these are cool!xxx

    http://stumbleduponablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty now you need to show us what the look like with a great white (or maybe even black) blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these... dont see these too often but they are so stylish! LOVE your blog and thanks for following me... Im excited to see what you have in store as well. XOXO

    Tobruckave Blogspot

    Tobruckave Facebook

    Tobruckave Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know i’m a little off topic, but i just wanted to say i love the layout of your blog. i’m new to the blogegine platform, so any suggestions on getting my blog looking nice would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my Second visit to this blog. We are starting a new initiative in the same niche as this blog. Your blog provided us with important information to work with. You have done a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your blog and I posted similar to yours...

    cuff links

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message.
I appreciate every comment!